Giving Back to Those Who Have Served
Our veterans have done their duty for our country. ACASA Senior Care - Orange County & Las Vegas knows it is our turn to do what we can to give back. To show our appreciation for the sacrifices our veterans have made, we offer insight, guidance, and support concerning the Aid & Attendance Benefit offered to all our valued vets. This benefit exists to provide financial assistance for long-term care and ease the mental burdens vets can feel concerning their retirement resources. We invite you to review all that ACASA Senior Care - Orange County & Las Vegas can offer your loved one and schedule your appointment to let us help those who have served.
Aid & Attendance Benefit
Veterans Affairs (VA) offers service members and their surviving spouses a unique, tax-free benefit entitled Aid & Attendance. It is designed to help cover the costs of long-term, in-home care for senior veterans who need to maintain their health and high quality of life.
Who Can Receive This Benefit?
This benefit is for senior veterans and their spouses who require regular, scheduled caregiver assistance for at least two daily activities. These can include bathing, dressing, eating, going to the bathroom, and transferring. If you are unsure if you or a loved one qualifies, please contact ACASA Senior Care - Orange County & Las Vegas to learn more.
Our Full Range of In-Home Care Services
In order to qualify for the Aid & Attendance Benefit, there are specific eligibility requirements you must meet set by the VA. These include:
- Must have served at least 90 days of active duty with at least one day during a period of war.
- Must have anything other than a Dishonorable discharge.
- A surviving spouse must have been married to the veteran at the time of his passing.
- Must require the assistance of another person to perform some of the daily activities of living.
- Must meet income and countable asset criteria established by the VA.
- Must be 65 years and older or disabled.
Eligible Periods of War
In order for you to qualify for the Aid & Attendance Benefit, there are periods of war in which you must have actively served. These include:
- World War II: December 7, 1941 – December 31, 1946, inclusive. If the veteran was in service on December 31, 1946, continuous service before July 26, 1947, is considered World War II service.
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950 – January 31, 1955, inclusive.
- Vietnam Era: The period beginning on February 28, 1961, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in the case of a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period. The period beginning on August 5, 1964, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in all other cases.
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990, through date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law.
How ACASA Senior Care - Orange County & Las Vegas Works with You
ACASA Senior Care - Orange County & Las Vegas conducts an official, complete, Long-Term Care Consultation & Assessment Interview to determine your eligibility and how we can help. We’ll work alongside you to discern the level of care you need, as well as ensure you or your loved one meets all VA requirements. If you are a veteran, ACASA Senior Care - Orange County & Las Vegas is here to help you. We want to help ease your financial burden and provide the assistance you deserve for your service. Contact us today to see if you, or your loved one, qualify for the Aid & Attendance Benefit by scheduling your free assessment.
Get in Touch with Us Today
Reach out to our team for more information concerning in-home care, a free in-home assessment for your love one utilizing our assessment tool, and a personalized caregiving plan.